"The power that makes the body heals the body."
Join us for this Reiki 1 Kid's Class, designed especially for kids, taught by Angela Schmitt.
Why would a child learn Reiki?
It's never too early to learn about self-care.
Reiki is a potent, easy-to-use, self-care tool. For children, reiki can heal physical pain and discomfort, help calm a busy mind or active body, and aid in coping with various emotions and stressors.
Whereas a Reiki class for adults splits time evenly between talking about concepts and practicing giving and receiving reiki with our classmates, our kids' class is much more rooted in experiential, tactile learning, and practicing on the self. The class includes a certificate, reiki crystal, handouts, and craft materials.
Parents are encouraged to take Reiki 1, as well. We have seen and heard so many beautiful bonding stories between parent and child through their Reiki practice. Regardless, we’ll teach you how you can continue supporting your child’s Reiki and self-care practice at home.
What we cover in class
- What reiki is in concept and in practice
- Reiki's history and lineage
- Feeling energy and flowing energy through the hands
- Learning to ground and to set energetic boundaries to keep them feeling safe in uneasy environments
- How to use reiki on oneself for physical wellbeing
- How to use reiki in coping with specific emotions
- The reiki attunement, passing on the ability to use reiki from teacher to student
- And lots of practice time!
Other benefits of Reiki for children
- Encourages self-awareness
- They learn to trust their abilities and intuition
- Promotes confidence and creativity
- Reduces stress & anxiety
- Boosts their immune system
- Enhances relaxation and sleep
- Improves concentration