"Your body's ability to heal is greater than anyone has permitted you to believe."
Join us for our Reiki 1 class, Shoden-level, taught by Angela Schmitt.
In Reiki 1 we learn what reiki is in concept and practice. We learn it's history, principles, and the differences between the various levels. We learn how to feel energy and get used to how our individual selves experience the feeling of energy. We practice flowing energy through our hands and learn to sense where energy is needed on others. We talk about the importance of grounding, energetic boundaries and how to clear unwanted energy- either our own or someone else's. We practice reiki on ourselves and each other, and finally receive the first reiki attunment, passing on the ability to flow energy more strongly, as well as clearing any present blockages that the student is ready to release.
*After Reiki 1 you are certified to work on others (if that is your desire).
Why would I learn Reiki 1?
Learning Reiki gives you an incredible ability of having healing hands with you wherever you go. As busy humans, we don't give ourselves what we need and we add in a bunch of junk- stress, snacks, soda, no sleep! Reiki is an easy way to bring ourselves back to balance and heal any bumps and bruises along the way.
What we cover in class
- What reiki is in concept and in practice
- Reiki's history, founding principles,
- The differences between class levels 1, 2, and 3
- How to feel energy, to flow energy through the hands, and to sense where energy is needed
- How to ground, to set energetic boundaries, and to clear energy
- How to use reiki on oneself and others, both intuitively and with hand positions
- The reiki attunement, passing on the ability to use reiki from teacher to student
- And lots of practice time, both giving and receiving!